15 December 2010

Trip to NanRen Lake

Last weekend, the Doctor and I travelled to NanRen Lake. You can see where it is by the red marker in the picture to the right. This is the southern area of Taiwan.

The p
ark is special because it is one of the last areas in Taiwan that hasn't been overly damaged by human occupation. In fact, the Taiwan have become so protective of it that entry permits must be issued.


The picture below gives you a bit of information about this area.

The tour guide told the bus group that the lake has grass growing around and into it. In about four years from now, they guide said that the lake would probably be gone forever.

In order to get to the lake, we had to walk about four and half kms. The return walking trip would take at least a couple of hours. We were also told that there are no toilets along the w
ay so it is important to go before starting the walk.

On the way to the lake, part of the bus tour price was lunch and a drink. The Doctor didn't want to drink his drink so I had it. Unfortunately about one and half kms
into the track, I had to turn back and return to the starting point because I think I drank too much. When I caught up with the group, the Doctor told me that the local Taiwanese girls started to giggle
when I initially turned back thinking that a foreigner cannot handle the walk. But there were a little surprised when I caught up with th
e group. The tour guide also noticed that I was gone for a while and wondered where I had gone. When I t
old him that I needed to head back for the toilet, he laughed and said I should have found a tree. So I think next time, when the tour guide says no toilets; I will presume that it means that trees are the exception.

Anyway, after walk all the extra distance, we finally arrived at the lake.









I have a few more photos, but Google Chrome and Windows is giving me a few problems. I need to switch back to Ubuntu, so I'll leave this adventure here for now.

Till next time, have a good one...


2 comments:

Jules said...

It sounds a nice walk anyway TP. Hope they can manage to preserve the lake.

Birdydownunder said...

You are just like your Dad roflo. You do sound fit tho.
Love the t shirt.